Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The viral buzz about "3 Idiots"!

Yes, I truly think so ! The buzz about 3 Idiots has been viral and I am sure the directors/producers are thoroughly enjoying this stint!:) And why not when the film has been made well! The movie in no way is comparable to "Five Point Someone" by Chetan Bhagat. The writer seems to think that the story line is based on his script while the director says that it has been "loosely adapted" from the novel. I say, it has been "Bollywoodized" . And why not,because to the common man, spicing it up does make a difference.

I always have been an avid reader and to this day, I stand true to my conviction that the original books are much better than their bollywood counterparts. And I have my own myopic reasons for that. I can add life to the character in a way that I want. That beautiful girl can be blue-eyed if the author has given me the liberty and the handsome hunk can be the likes of Sylvester Stallone. I do admit that I tend to go overboard at times with my imagination. But it is just the way I love. So be it!

By the way, I do highly recommend this movie. Go see it if you haven't . If you have ever been in a technical institution like me, you can relate to yourself the theme of this movie very well and I think this is what is making the movie a hit among the intellectuals( if I am allowed that:) .

No comments: