Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!

Can you believe that it has been almost a half-year since I wrote something on my blog? So much for starting this blog! To make up for this rudimentary carelessness, I thought I will blog about my New Year's eve celebrations lest I get too engrossed in the daily grind and the celebrations seems to have happened eons ago. Mine was a blast and hope yours was too. As if the advent of the New Year was not reason enough, we had a friend's birthday too to ice the cake:) It turned out to be a complete blast and the party continued till morning which I assume most of yours would have too. Well this is the very reason we celebrate a New Year's eve party don't we:)- to welcome the first rays of sunshine and hoping that the gleam of the first rays washes away all the perils of the bygone year. Food was a major attraction- 4-5 rounds of food since the evening. Should we have called it dinner or should it have been called dinofast( combo of dinner and breakfast). We indulged in all the so-called junk fried food-- gobi manchurian, thai spring rolls, spicy corn chaat( an indian delicacy of sauteed corn,sev and potatoes) not to mention the normal rice, crab, chicken , rajma, paneer , dal, chutney . How can a party be complete without dessert- lemon tarts, baklava, tiramisu, pastries topped with exotic fruits and the famous "bengali payesh" which brings my mouth to that embarrassing watering-stage. If you have started thinking that we just ate and ate then sadly my friend, you are wrong. How could there be a party and no music and games! It was an interesting mix of Dumb Charades, passing the parcel and "Prem ki pariksha" for couples. I must admit that the last one was my favorite though I hate to admit that my results were unexpected.:) And no party can be considered to be complete without the delectable drinks.Ours was not an exception either. As all good things, this one too seems to have been over fast and though it is just the 6th day of the year it seems "long ago" as someone aptly worded it. The wheel of time does roll fast and I am already waiting for the next fun event!

No comments: